FTD Launches Spanish Language Website
Print Page | Email Page
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Just in time for the holidays, the flower experts at FTD® have launched a Spanish language version of the FTD.COM website making it easy for Spanish speakers to find the perfect gift for everyone on their gift lists. The website is now live at http://es.ftd.com.
"We have long recognized the importance of the Hispanic market to the flower and gift business. FTD wants to ensure that Spanish-speaking customers have the opportunity to send beautiful flowers and gifts to friends and family around the world," said Rob Apatoff, President of FTD. "Our new Spanish language site features the same products and pricing as the existing English language site and offers a wide selection of beautiful flowers, blooming plants, gourmet treats, and gifts for every occasion, from major holidays like Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day to birthdays, sympathy occasions, and more."
FTD offers a wide assortment of floral arrangements, plants and gifts for the holidays ranging from traditional poinsettias, wreaths, and centerpieces to jewelry, gift baskets, and gourmet treats like Godiva chocolates and Mrs. Fields cookies.
The FTD business is supported by the Mercury Man logo, which is displayed in approximately 40,000 florist shops worldwide. Consumers who visit FTD.COM in Spanish or English can send flowers and plants to most countries in Latin America.
In recent months, FTD has launched a variety of exciting new collections including:
- The FTD College Rose Collection featuring roses designed by FTD into bi-colored rose arrangements that reflect the colors of a growing list of popular universities.
- The Jane Seymour Silk Botanicals by FTD Collection, selection of premium permanent botanical arrangements.
- Better Homes and Gardens™ Flowers by FTD®, featuring an "Editors' Choice" arrangement chosen by Better Homes and Gardens editors.
- FTD Luxury Collection, a beautiful selection of premium floral artistry featuring lavish flower varieties in artfully crafted designer vases.
- Floral Jewels™ Birthstone Collection featuring unique floral arrangements in the color of the birthstone for each month of the year paired with gorgeous matching birthstone jewelry.
- The Gift Galleria, featuring premium gifts selections from world-class brands that include luscious chocolates and sweets, savory gourmet snacks, fresh fruits and soothing coffees and teas.
- Smithsonian® Flowers by FTD®, a line of potted orchid plants inspired by the rich and distinctive Smithsonian® Horticulture Division collections.
To view these innovative collections, please visit www.ftd.com or http://es.ftd.com.
FTD Group, Inc., through its operating subsidiaries including FTD.COM, Inc., is a leading provider of floral related products and services to consumers and retail florists, as well as to other retail locations offering floral products, in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland. The business utilizes the highly recognized FTD and Interflora brands, both supported by the Mercury Man logo, which is displayed in approximately 40,000 floral shops worldwide. The consumer businesses operate primarily through the www.ftd.com Web site in the U.S., the www.ftd.ca site in Canada, and the www.interflora.co.uk Web site in the U.K. and are complemented by the florist businesses which provide products and services to FTD's independent members. FTD Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of United Online, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNTD). For more information about United Online, please visit www.unitedonline.com.
Cautionary Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about FTD's proposed marketing initiatives and product offerings. Potential factors that could affect the United Online's and FTD's ability to perform and consequently its or their business, financial condition and results of operations include FTD's inability or failure to implement any or all planned marketing initiatives, to satisfy demand for the products or services offered or to achieve expanded marketing opportunities, efficiencies and other benefits associated with the products and services, technological issues and other problems associated with FTD's suppliers and their operations, systems and technologies, FTD's pricing and marketing strategies, the occurrence of unanticipated events, as well as other factors described in United Online, Inc.'s annual and quarterly reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (http://www.sec.gov), including, without limitation, information under the captions "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors."
United Online, Inc.
Vice President, Communications
United Online, Inc.
Vice President, Investor Relations